In signing up to and using the SearchEditShare.video Platform, you agree to the Terms and Conditions as set out below. Clarifications or questions on these can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Help in using the system can be found here.
- Use of the platform is as-is. No warranty is yet given as to service levels. It’s early days, and we’re in Beta :-)
- If you do not wish to use the service, we can close your account. Any videos remaining in the system will be deleted. Before closure you can download any and all videos.
- Any videos you upload remain your property and your responsibility to do with as you wish within your agreements.
Storage of videos below 10GB is free.
- You are only charged if they go above this on a per GB basis.
- The cost per GB/day can be found under “Payments” under your profile when logged in.
- There is a nominal, minimum charge on the first day of using more than 10GB.
- You will only be charged for storage above 10GB.
- Charges are calculated on a per day basis, and you can remove videos after use to take yourself back down below 10GB to avoid further charges on subsequent days.
- Charges are calculated and made at the end of each month.
If you have used more than 10GB of storage or requested Human Transcriptions, and you have not entered a payment method, or that payment method fails, your account will lose some of its functionality until this is entered or corrected.
- Email notifications will also be sent automatically.
- After 30 days if the payment method isn’t entered or corrected the account will be closed and the content deleted.
- Accounts can be reopened, but content cannot be recovered and payments will still be due.
Storage calculations include:
- Your original video,
- A web version (MP4) that we make in order to allow you to edit your video/s,
- Any clips you subsequently extract,
- Plus an audio only version,
- And the CSV copies of the machine or human transcript.
- If an account is unused for more than 6 months and is still on the Free Tier, we reserve the right to close the account and remove the stored videos.
- We are not responsible if you encounter problems uploading due to the large file size of your video/s. Technically, there is no limit on size of videos you can upload. However your own internet connection may not survive you uploading very large (file size) videos. If you need help uploading, please write to us at email@example.com and let's see if there are ways around your issue.
- We are not responsible for the safe keeping of any content that is uploaded. You should always keep your own backups. (We do backup… but did we mention we're in Beta? :-)
- Any maintenance windows will be scheduled for weekends, when the site will be unavailable for anything between 5 mins and 3 hours depending on the scale of work. Advance notice of windows longer than 10m will be given via your dashboard.
- Urgent fixes to the system will be carried out immediately, though a warning to active users on the site will be attempted with a pushed or email pre-notification.
- If you are working on the site when a scheduled maintenance window commences, or if there is an urgent need to fix anything, then bad, naughty, horrible Us are not responsible for any lost work. (Truly sorry though.)
- All newly uploaded videos will be transcribed by machine. These are not guaranteed as being accurate and we are not responsible for the content that appears. Which can be quite comical at times. You are free to edit any transcription that appears, but if, in doing so, you break the formatting needed for it to work, we are not responsible. A Human Transcription can always be ordered at the cost/s quoted when ordering.
- In uploading any content to the site, you attest that you have the rights to do so, and that said content is legal and appropriate to international laws. (Basically, be decent.) Any content found to contravene such laws will result in immediate deletion and closure of the account.
- You are free to share videos from the site with external users, but the sharing of your own content is entirely your responsibility.
- You further attest that in any and all content you upload, you respect and adhere to the privacy rights as agreed with any participants in your videos.
- The cost of Storage and for Human Transcriptions may vary over time. At least 28 days notice will be given of any increase in storage costs, thereby giving you time to lower your storage use by removing videos from the platform. If you need our help with this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to alter the Freemium storage level up or down. Wherever financially possible, we will honour the minimum level of free storage as agreed to when you signed up. But this can't be guaranteed. More details here...
- Please don't take the Mickey out of (abuse) a free service. It is, of course, possible to game the SearchEditShare free-tier. We accept that. But if you do, and we find out, we reserve the right to close you down and not send you any birthday cards.
- (Because we were born there...) These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian Courts.